Safe Neighborhoods – “Essential for a better quality of life”
– Our National City Fire Fighters are among the busiest in the country. As a result, City of San Diego Fire Fighters often respond to calls in the northern part of our city. When seconds make the difference between life and death, we need to guarantee that all residents have access to the best emergency services available. We need to plan for another fire station in the northern most part of our city in order to improve our neighborhood.
– Our National City Police Officers have done an exceptional job with the resources provided. I am very supportive of community policing and better community/police relations.
– A recurring theme among residents is the need for improved lighting in residential areas. I support better, environmentally sustainable and more fashionable lights (ex. Highland Ave) throughout our city.
Fix Roads and Pot Holes
– I fully support a larger portion of the budget being directed towards much needed road repairs throughout the city. We need to prioritize the repair of the busiest and most degraded roads in our city.
– We need more “slow down” signs throughout the city, more police presence on areas where cars speed the most, and more speed bumps throughout residential areas to slow down vehicles and improve safety.